Grav is Running!
You have installed Grav successfully
Congratulations! You have installed the Base Grav Package that provides a simple page and the default antimatter theme to get you started.
If you want a more full-featured base install, you should check out Skeleton packages available in the downloads.
Find out all about Grav
- Learn about Grav by checking out our dedicated Learn Grav site.
- Download plugins, themes, as well as other Grav skeleton packages from the Grav Downloads page.
- Check out our Grav Development Blog to find out the latest goings on in the Grav-verse.
Edit this Page
To edit this page, simply navigate to the folder you installed Grav into, and then browse to the
user/pages/01.home folder and open the
default.md file in your editor of choice. You will see the content of this page in Markdown format.
Create a New Page
Creating a new page is a simple affair in Grav. Simply follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to your pages folder:
user/pages/and create a new folder. In this example, we will use explicit default ordering and call the folder
Launch your text editor and paste in the following sample code:
--- title: My New Page --- # My New Page! This is the body of **my new page** and I can easily use _Markdown_ syntax here.
- Save this file in the
default.md. This will tell Grav to render the page using the default template.
- That is it! Reload your browser to see your new page in the menu.
NOTE: The page will automatically show up in the Menu after the "Home" menu item. If you wish to change the name that shows up in the Menu, simple add:
menu: My Page between the dashes in the page content. This is called the YAML front matter, and it is where you configure page-specific options.